[mythtvnz] PVR-500 Tuner Usage

Steve Hodge stevehodge at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 04:33:16 GMT 2008

On Jan 21, 2008 2:32 PM, Simon Green <simon at simongreen.net> wrote:

> On 21/01/2008, Stephen Worthington <stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz> wrote:
> > What I would really want it to do, to conserve tuners, is to record
> > that channel to the two different files at the same time (just
> > duplicate the incoming stream).
>
> This is in the mythtv wish list:
>
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Feature_Wishlist_%28Backend_Addons%29#Intelligent_Scheduling
>
> But isn't as easy as it sounds, as mentioned in the developers
> comments, it would require separating the logic of one file for each
> show.

Only if you want to record both shows to one file. But since the overlap
would normally be relatively short it shouldn't be a problem to keep one
file per recording and simply send the output to both files for the duration
of the overlap. You'd waste a bit of disk space, but so what? Then the
difficult development work would just be the scheduler changes, and the
Multirec capability that's just been added is very similar in requirements
so I think there is some hope this will get implemented.

Cheers,