[mythtvnz] SkyStar2 USB Remote

Cameron McConnochie cmcconnochie at gmail.com
Sun Jan 20 23:17:38 GMT 2008

Hi everyone,

I'm a newbie to the list so I'll just start by saying hi... Hi.  I've been
working on my MythTV machine for a week now and things are going ok.  I'm
running Mythbuntu 7.10 which, so far, has been very straight forward (thanks
largely to the guide at http://www.wlug.org.nz/FreeViewMythTvSetup), I
managed to record my first programme last night.   I still have a few issues
to work through, here's one that I'm not having any luck with:

Based on the talk on various NZ sites I went with a Technisat SkyStar2 DVB-S
Card.  The card works nicely, no complaints there.  The part I'm having
trouble with is the remote.  I've read a few sites detailing some soldering
needed on the serial version, but it doesn't appear to be the same with the
USB one.  All I've read on the USB one is that it works as a keyboard, mine
doesn't.  All my remote does at the moment is stop the TV guide blowing
away.

I'd like to know if anyone out there is using the USB remote and if there
were any tricks they followed to set it up?

Cameron

P.S.  I'm also a novice with Linux so feel free to point out the obvious.