[mythtvnz] PVR-500 Tuner Usage

Steven Ellis steven at openmedia.co.nz
Mon Jan 21 01:46:22 GMT 2008

On Mon, January 21, 2008 2:32 pm, Simon Green wrote:
> On 21/01/2008, Stephen Worthington <stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz> wrote:
>> What I would really want it to do, to conserve tuners, is to record
>> that channel to the two different files at the same time (just
>> duplicate the incoming stream).
>
> This is in the mythtv wish list:
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Feature_Wishlist_%28Backend_Addons%29#Intelligent_Scheduling
>
> But isn't as easy as it sounds, as mentioned in the developers
> comments, it would require separating the logic of one file for each
> show.

For digital cards Myth Multirec adds this to some degree.

One thing I've found annoying with Multirec is it doesn't honor the
default under/over run times for consecutive shows. You have to force an
individual program to overrun and then it will schedule the following show
to an alternative virtual tuner.