[mythtvnz] SkyStar2 USB Remote

Hadley Rich hads at nice.net.nz
Sun Jan 20 23:28:29 GMT 2008

On Monday 21 January 2008 12:17:38 Cameron McConnochie wrote:
> I'm a newbie to the list so I'll just start by saying hi... Hi.

Hi. Welcome.

> > Based on the talk on various NZ sites I went with a Technisat SkyStar2
> DVB-S Card.  The card works nicely, no complaints there.  The part I'm
> having trouble with is the remote.  I've read a few sites detailing some
> soldering needed on the serial version, but it doesn't appear to be the
> same with the USB one.  All I've read on the USB one is that it works as a
> keyboard, mine doesn't.  All my remote does at the moment is stop the TV
> guide blowing away.
>
> I'd like to know if anyone out there is using the USB remote and if there
> were any tricks they followed to set it up?

This doesn't answer your question but for the record; I'd recommend the
Mircosoft MCE remote available for about $60. It's far better than any
remotes that come with a card. You can get DVB cards without remotes a little
cheaper and then go for the MCE remote which works really well.

hads

--
http://nicegear.co.nz
VoIP, DVB and other Linux compatible hardware