[mythtvnz] Power Search win - TVNZ guide data lose

Wade Maxfield mythtvnz at hotblack.co.nz
Mon Feb 4 19:55:50 GMT 2008

Dean Pemberton wrote:
> Wade Maxfield wrote:
>> No additions, but just an observation.  We're still using the same rule
>> with no modification since we set it up.  We're using epgsnoop/XMLTV
>> data not EIT, and have got a "Record at any time on this channel" rule
>> set up for ER on TV2.  Only thing to do is remove the "Match duplicates"
>> since they hardly update the descriptions.
>>

> Yep, I used to do that, and then changes like the following lead to
> missed recordings
>
> "Brothers and Sisters" vs "Brothers amp Sisters" vs "Brothers & Sisters"
> "CSI" vs "Crime Scene Investigations" vs "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation
> <http://192.168.4.3/mythweb/tv/detail/5002/1202628600>" (Listed this week)
>
> And the habit of appending the episode name to the title rather than
> putting this in as an Episode
> eg
>
> "Cold Case That Woman
> <http://192.168.4.3/mythweb/tv/detail/7035/1202283000>"
>
> I might start looking at running my EIT data through something like
> 'shephard' which has rules for normalising common program names.  This
> would simplify rules no end.
>
> Failing that, anyone from TVNZ reading - PLEASE decide on one format =)
>
> Dean

I hear your pain. I've got 3 rules for CSI that so far seem to get
everything.  "CSI%" "C S I%"  "C.S.I%"

And it's not just TVNZ.  I'd like get the word to TV3.  Over the weekend
I saw 2 programs that used the subtitle field. Scared the crap out of
me.  I didn't know what it was for a few moments.

  - Wade