[mythtvnz] Power Search win - TVNZ guide data lose

Dean Pemberton dean at deanpemberton.com
Mon Feb 4 18:14:40 GMT 2008

Wade Maxfield wrote:

> No additions, but just an observation.  We're still using the same rule
> with no modification since we set it up.  We're using epgsnoop/XMLTV
> data not EIT, and have got a "Record at any time on this channel" rule
> set up for ER on TV2.  Only thing to do is remove the "Match duplicates"
> since they hardly update the descriptions.

Yep, I used to do that, and then changes like the following lead to
missed recordings

"Brothers and Sisters" vs "Brothers amp Sisters" vs "Brothers & Sisters"
"CSI" vs "Crime Scene Investigations" vs "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation
<http://192.168.4.3/mythweb/tv/detail/5002/1202628600>" (Listed this week)

And the habit of appending the episode name to the title rather than
putting this in as an Episode
eg

"Cold Case That Woman
<http://192.168.4.3/mythweb/tv/detail/7035/1202283000>"

I might start looking at running my EIT data through something like
'shephard' which has rules for normalising common program names.  This
would simplify rules no end.

Failing that, anyone from TVNZ reading - PLEASE decide on one format =)

Dean