[mythtvnz] Trying to get HD going on a Hauppauge PVR-1200

Andrew Richards amphibem at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 04:45:06 GMT 2008

Bernie,

No you don't have Paul's patches as the Loopfilter options was added by the
mythtv devs, not Paul. And if you had his patches you would have AAC sound
(FYI it is AC3 on TV3, not MP3).

So go to /etc/apt/sources.list and add at the bottom:

deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/paul-kcbbs/ubuntu intrepid main

Then run at terminal
*sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade*

I am pretty sure you also want to remove mythtv-fixes from your sources as
that will just overwrite Paul's oatches. Plus his are based on a pretty
recent build of mythtv-fixes so you will not be missing much.

Andrew