[mythtvnz] Trying to get HD going on a Hauppauge PVR-1200

Bernard Mentink bmentink at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 06:22:57 GMT 2008

Bernie,

>No you don't have Paul's patches as the Loopfilter options was added by the
mythtv devs, not Paul. And if you had his patches >you would have AAC sound
(FYI it is AC3 on TV3, not MP3).

>So go to /etc/apt/sources.list and add at the bottom:

>deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/paul-kcbbs/ubuntu intrepid main

>Then run at terminal
*>sudo apt-get update
>sudo apt-get upgrade*

>I am pretty sure you also want to remove mythtv-fixes from your sources as
that will just overwrite Paul's oatches. Plus his are >based on a pretty
recent build of mythtv-fixes so you will not be missing much.

>Andrew

Hi Andrew,

Yes, thanks worked that out and now have his binaries from that site. I do
not have a mythtv-fixes in my sources.list.

With his files, I now have audio working on all channels. However I have to
turn the loopfilter option back on, as with it off I am getting segfaults
again. With the loopfilter on it is stable, but my CPU load is approx 10%
higher. I can cope with that as even with 1080i I am only getting 50% CPU
load.

Cheers,
Bernie