[mythtvnz] CPU required for Freeview HD

Graeme Woollett graeme.joy at paradise.net.nz
Sat Aug 23 07:16:31 BST 2008

> Odd. I'd expect very little load on the second core. What is
> mythfrontend using under "top" and what processes are second and third
> in CPU use.
>
> I was hoping for a bit under 87% load as well, more 70-75% given the
> speed bump over a 3600 X2.

I'll have another look tonight at the load tonight, that may be a bit
pessimistic.
> I'm not having that issue. I set a series of programs to record last
> night on the test rig. Three off a single DVB-T tuner and three off a
> single DVB-S tuner. Recorded all six programs simultaneously so the
> backend is fairly robust. The frontend crashes I'm getting are usually
> during live tv.
>
> Shame

Just re-checked my guess for antenna alignment, can't see the translator
but I think it's not quite pointing quite the right way, have another go
tonight

>> I get the feeling that this CPU won't quite be up to watching TV3 1080i
>> without some fiddling with the source code.
>
> Might be borderline. Can you post the CPU identifier or confirm if it
> is a 65W part.
>
> Also how much Ram have you got in the box.

2GB of ram, CPU is a 65nm 65W part, I have my box on for long stretches
so power consumption is important.  I was tempted to get a 6000+, but
all the ones I found were electron guzzling 90nm parts.