[mythtvnz] CPU required for Freeview HD

Steven Ellis steven at openmedia.co.nz
Sat Aug 23 07:32:26 BST 2008

On 23/08/2008, at 6:16 PM, Graeme Woollett wrote:

>> Odd. I'd expect very little load on the second core. What is
>> mythfrontend using under "top" and what processes are second and
>> third
>> in CPU use.
>>
>> I was hoping for a bit under 87% load as well, more 70-75% given the
>> speed bump over a 3600 X2.
>>
> I'll have another look tonight at the load tonight, that may be a bit
> pessimistic.

Can you try turning the CPU governor to performance before running
your next set of tests. It should provide a clearer idea of true load.

sudo echo "performance" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/
scaling_governor
sudo echo "performance" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/cpufreq/
scaling_governor

If you are running with ondemand there is a chance that your CPU isn't
actually running at full speed  during your tests

Also can you provide the following output

ls /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/ondemand/
cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/ondemand/*

ls  /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq
cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/*

Cheers

Steve

Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited