[mythtvnz] Mythtv deinterlacer settings for HDMI use

Steve Hodge stevehodge at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 03:29:52 BST 2008

On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 1:15 PM, Graeme Woollett <g.woollett at irl.cri.nz>wrote:

> Just curious as to what arrangements (component or HDMI) that people on
> this list are using with LCD HDTVs.
> Presently all my production recordings are SD.
> Which de interlacer in mythtv do people use, or is it better to use a
> component input and let the TV do the de interlacing job?

The only really good suggestion anyone can give is to try them all out
(including letting the TV handle it) and see what looks best to you. I'm
using Bob, but my TV is not an HD one. Greedy and Yadif both look at least
as good too, but use a lot more CPU.

Also does anyone have a favourate command line for mplayer and its de
> interlacers for watching files from the videos section of Myth?

Yes: "Internal" ;-)

Cheers,