[mythtvnz] Mythtv deinterlacer settings for HDMI use

Graeme Woollett g.woollett at irl.cri.nz
Tue Aug 19 02:15:20 BST 2008

Just curious as to what arrangements (component or HDMI) that people on
this list are using with LCD HDTVs.
Presently all my production recordings are SD.
Which de interlacer in mythtv do people use, or is it better to use a
component input and let the TV do the de interlacing job?
I'm currently using 1080p res via dvi/hdmi.
Also does anyone have a favourate command line for mplayer and its de
interlacers for watching files from the videos section of Myth?

Thanks