[mythtvnz] Mythtv deinterlacer settings for HDMI use

Rick Hudson rick at kpo.org.nz
Wed Aug 20 03:56:22 BST 2008

On 19/08/2008 1:15 p.m., Graeme Woollett wrote:

> Just curious as to what arrangements (component or HDMI) that people on
> this list are using with LCD HDTVs.

I also upscale lot of 576i stuff through mythtv to an HDMI 1080p display and I
hadn't found interlacing to be a problem until I tried watching Sport Extra
over the last week. Previously I had just been using the linear blend
deinterlacer because I wasn't seeing interlacing artifacts warranting further
investigation. For sport, the 2x Greedy high motion deinterlacer made a huge
difference in reducing combing effects but the tradeoff is a softer image.

I'm glad at least TVNZ decided to go progressive on their HD channels.

--
Rick Hudson
http://www.kpo.org.nz/                                        rick at kpo.org.nz