[mythtvnz] CPU required for Freeview HD

Andrew Richards amphibem at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 05:06:48 BST 2008

This is somewhat related to the 'hardware recommendations for
dedicated box' thread but I thought it better be a new one, on what
people have found works so far for playing Freeview HD. I gave the
patches a trial run today by installing Mythbuntu 8.04.1 onto my
media-center using an external harddrive and got it all to work, but
TV1 and TV2 where extremly borderline (worked with slow moving shots,
couldn't cope with movement) and TV3 was a slideshow.

Specs are: A64 3800+ (2.4GHz), 1GB and 8600GT using restricted
drivers. Now that FreeviewHD is working, sound and all (thanks Paul!),
I would like to move my box back to mythtv from Mediaportal and so
intend on trying with my 5200+ X2 and intergrated graphics this
weekend. I am interested in what others have tried and what has/hasn't
worked for playing all channels?

Also, does anyone else have a dedicated HTPC running FreeviewHD under
myth yet? If so, how is it going?