[mythtvnz] DVB-T signal strength and CPU usage

James Booth james at booths.net.nz
Mon Aug 18 04:12:03 BST 2008

I had similar reception levels with my pre-existing UHF set-up. Had the
professionals come around who ripped it all out and installed a new UHF
antenna with a direct feed to my box. The improvement in signal strength and
signal/noise was dramatic, and well worth the money. They found that the best
signal was achieved by reorienting the antenna a good 10 degrees from where
it was previously set, plus the old masthead amp was stuffed. I previously
got good reception on UHF analogue channels like Prime, Maori TV, etc, but
even so this turned out to not be good enough for Freeview.