[mythtvnz] Quality of WinTV PVR 150

Tortise tortise at paradise.net.nz
Fri Aug 15 10:48:28 BST 2008

Steve

I would agree with you in terms of "require", however what I said was "pressure", which is not quite the same.  Regardless I would observe with a quick look on trademe that plenty of (analogue) TV's are being upgraded, supporting my proposition of "pressure" (being realised).

Less sophisticated consumers relying solely on some salesmen's advice may not be as astute as you, in equipment upgrade terms, thus I would need more convincing that there was not a pressure to discard old for new, further encouraged by abandonment of Terrestrial analogue broadcasts.

I can imagine a number of peoples decision thought basis being....ow well the TV is old, it does not get direct analogue anymore, if I have to upgrade now I might as well get HD as well.  (Assuming of course that is an option... )  If the broadcasts continued the decision referenced could well be postponed....perhaps for a number of years.

What will your parents (and grandparents?) want and do?

Of course that does not mean I will wait till I have to upgrade!

Kind regards
David Hingston