[mythtvnz] DVB-T MythTV patches: distributions?

Kenneth Dixon ken.dixon at clear.net.nz
Sat Aug 2 03:19:39 BST 2008

Hi Daniel,
Yes I have been very interested also and just today have
started trying to get the patched version going on a test
machine using Mythbuntu 8.04.1 on an AMD64 machine.
I have not yet got a working system I think using AMD64
architecture is causing some hiccups. Here is an outline of
how to get started on a Debian based system:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install build-essential
sudo apt-get build-dep mythtv
wget
http://pkendall.homeip.net/wp/wp-content/plugins/download-monitor/download.php?id=6
tar xjf mythtv-0.21.0+fixes17900+ffmpeg14408+latm.tar.bz2
cd mythtv-0.21.0+fixes17900+ffmpeg14408+latm
./configure

nano ./libs/libavcodec/Makefile
# Remove -fpic -FPIC from CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS

nano ./libs/libmythfreesurround/Makefile
# Add -I../.. to INCPATH

nano ./libs/libavutil/avutil.h
# Add #include "intreadwrite.h"

make

Good luck,

oh and thanks Paul for all the effort, much appreciated

----- Original Message Follows -----