[mythtvnz] DVB-T MythTV patches: distributions?

Paul Kendall paul at kcbbs.gen.nz
Sat Aug 2 04:16:21 BST 2008

On Saturday 02 August 2008 14:19:39 Kenneth Dixon wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
> Yes I have been very interested also and just today have
> started trying to get the patched version going on a test
> machine using Mythbuntu 8.04.1 on an AMD64 machine.
> I have not yet got a working system I think using AMD64
> architecture is causing some hiccups. Here is an outline of
> how to get started on a Debian based system:
>
> sudo apt-get update
> sudo apt-get install build-essential
> sudo apt-get build-dep mythtv
> wget
> http://pkendall.homeip.net/wp/wp-content/plugins/download-monitor/download.
>php?id=6 tar xjf mythtv-0.21.0+fixes17900+ffmpeg14408+latm.tar.bz2
> cd mythtv-0.21.0+fixes17900+ffmpeg14408+latm
> ./configure
>
> nano ./libs/libavcodec/Makefile
> # Remove -fpic -FPIC from CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS
>
> nano ./libs/libmythfreesurround/Makefile
> # Add -I../.. to INCPATH
>
> nano ./libs/libavutil/avutil.h
> # Add #include "intreadwrite.h"
>
> make

I have added all these things and they will be available in the next release.

> Good luck,
>
> oh and thanks Paul for all the effort, much appreciated

My pleasure. I have a fix for a problem with the interlacing crashing
occasionally and am trying to get it fixed in the trunk of ffmpeg, but they need
a sample uploaded to verify the problem. I will include this fix as well.

BTW, I use Kubuntu 8.04 for my desktop, which I use for development.

Cheers,
Paul