[mythtvnz] DVB-T MythTV patches: distributions?

Daniel Holt dmholt at gmail.com
Sat Aug 2 01:59:07 BST 2008

Hi,

I've been following the DVB-T patches topic with some interest, and it seems
now might be the time to try them out.  Thanks for the hard work Paul, and
all the others who've been trying these out.  I wondered if anyone wanted to
comment on what distributions they have been trying this out on?  I used to
do quite a lot of compiling back when using Linux meant you had to, but in
recent years I haven't had to compile or apply patches very often and have
stuck with Fedora, partly out of habit and partly because generally
everything I need is available a package.  Even Mythtv!  I'm not asking for
any help on getting source from svn, applying patches, and possibly
downloading extra packages for kernel headers and sources which might be
required if I try this out on Fedora, I can probably muddle my way through
most of that.  I was more curious as to what distributions people using
these patches were running, and if anyone had any strong opinions (highly
unlikely I know .. :-)) on whether some distributions are likely to make
this experiment easier.  Any comments appreciated.

Cheers,

Daniel