[mythtvnz] Best mythbuntu upgrade path...

Jason Taylor killerkiwi2005 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 09:15:40 BST 2008

Gutsy also has 0.21 in back ports (which is what I'm running)

It was pretty seamless upgrade apart from the cards swapping
/dev/video*  points after every restart, forcing me to learn udev
basics ;)

gnome-lirc-properties (the elisa guys wrote it) is in hardy as well
which I havn't tried yet, but should make lirc remotes a lot easier to
setup

Jason

2008/4/9 Toby Mills <toby at np.co.nz>:
>  > I reckon we all need your partner's email address so that we can
>  write in support of your sterling efforts at making a seamless
>  transition and to explain that things don't always go according to plan.
>
>  Thanks David, its not as bad as I make it sound.
>  Basically the deal is so long as I make it as reliable as our neighbours
>  MySky, we can keep it.
>
>  In her defense, I got off to a very shaky start with dodgy reclaimed
>  hardware and myth 0.16 wasnt the most stable application on the block.
>  I've learnt since then to approach upgrades with cautious optimism :)
>
>  Thanks for the feedback all, think i'll give 8.04 a go.
>  I'll report back on how well it goes.
>  The upgrade also includes adding another 500Gb HDD to prepare for HD.
>
>  Cheers
>  Toby

"A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless
interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull
day." - Calven