[mythtvnz] Least problematic DVB-S card?

Craig Whitmore lennon at orcon.net.nz
Sat Apr 5 02:53:16 BST 2008

> I use the HVR3000&4000 for DVB-S.  The V4L DVB driver  needs to be
> patched to get them to go.  If you are able to receive DVB-T but are
> waiting for it to settle, these  are a good choice, plus the  3000
> compares very favourably  price wise with the technisat for what you
> get.   If you just want DVB-S then an older Technisat is the best choice.

Yes the HVR3000/4000 are good cards they are DVB-S/T/Analog cards (but
you can't use S or T at the same time). I have a Nova-S-PLus (1st card I
got) and an HVR-4000 (2nd card I got) and an HVR-2200 card (Dual DVB-T
card) - waiting on drivers to be written (parts of the card already are)

Hauppauge make some good cards but it can take a while before ppl get
drivers working properly)

They are quite easily obtained and price is reasonable for them. THe
HVR4000 still has a few small problems (ananlog stops working), but
apart from that I've had no problems with it.

Also one of the reasons I got the hauppauge stuff was I could get it at
wholesale price which is quite alot cheaper than RRP.

Thanks