[mythtvnz] Replacement remote for iMON Pad - recommendations?

Matt Poff matt.poff at headfirst.co.nz
Sat Apr 5 03:19:41 BST 2008

Hi all,

My Myth box is in a Silverstone La Scala case which ships with an iMon
pad remote. The remote is utter crap -  it's coming around to a year old
and about 4-5 buttons are dead or near dead. I pulled the case apart and
discovered the button interface is a sheet of moulded rubber presumably
encasing some printed IC sheet or similar. Anyway... rubbish and I'd
like to replace it with something else.

I heard some rumours that the iMon IR receiver uses an unusual frequency
range and does not work with other branded remotes. A friend lent me
some no-name Universal Remote (Chung-Hop) which he picked up in
Singapore and that didn't work it but then it didn't work any of his
name brand A/V devices so results are inconclusive.

I guess the safest bet is another IR reciever and remote combo to
replace the iMon kit. I'd like the IR receiver to be internal and if
possible find a manufacturer who also sells replacement remotes.
Obviously it's got to be supported under Linux too.

Can anyone recommend any kit in this regard?

Cheers,
Matt