[mythtvnz] Least problematic DVB-S card?

Graeme Woollett graeme.joy at paradise.net.nz
Sat Apr 5 00:18:17 BST 2008

Noel & Di wrote:
> Hi all
> Just a point worth noting about the Technisat cards, based on recent
> experience with the "new" 2.8a version of the Technisat 2 & a comment
> from Martin Sommerville..
> "
> Hi Noel, problem solved, these are the 2.8a versions of the card, the 2.6d
>
> is no longer being produced.
>
> Linux drivers are not yet available for this version (I have no idea why) but it
> works fine with windows.
> "
> So if you get a Technisat, specify the 2.6d version for now - Like everyone says, they just work - no fiddling, no fuss.
>
> Happy ad-free watching Mike!!
> Regards
>
> Noel Claydon

I use the HVR3000&4000 for DVB-S.  The V4L DVB driver  needs to be
patched to get them to go.  If you are able to receive DVB-T but are
waiting for it to settle, these  are a good choice, plus the  3000
compares very favourably  price wise with the technisat for what you
get.   If you just want DVB-S then an older Technisat is the best choice.