[mythtvnz] Shows watched via LiveTV show up as unwanted recordings

Steve Hodge stevehodge at gmail.com
Sun Oct 28 22:07:26 GMT 2007

On 10/29/07, Graeme Woollett <g.woollett at irl.cri.nz> wrote:

> I'm having this problem in Ubuntu 7.04 with a skystar 2 card.
> Each time I either watch TV or change the channel MythTV treats it as
> new recording and sticks it in its program database.
> I not pushing 'R' on the keyboard.
> Any ideas?

This is standard behavior. What you can do is to set up the View Recordings
screen to exclude Live TV recordings from the list. In Setup -> TV Settings
-> Playback there is an option called "Show 'Live TV' recordings when using
'All Programs' filter". Make sure that is off and you should be fine.
Alternatively you can change "Default group filter to apply" to something
other than 'All Programs' (i.e. change it to 'Default').

Cheers,