[mythtvnz] How feasible is this...?

Steve Hodge stevehodge at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 09:14:25 BST 2007

On 10/25/07, Steve Lang <steve.lang at spl.co.nz> wrote:

> I would expect that with two DVB-S cards (one per transponder?) and
> suitable filter programming (if the card has a filter) that this should
> be feasible... There may be some questions around HD I/O, but more disk
> would help here.

MythTV currently can't record from multiple channels with a single card even
when the channels are on the same transponder. This functionality is coming,
but is only in an experimental branch so far.

Even then I don't think Myth is the right tool. It sounds like something
that you could do better by simply dumping each transponder to a single file
(e.g. with dvbstream) and then doing the filtering as you stream the file
out. I'm not sure what you could use for the second part of that though.

Cheers,