[mythtvnz] Freeview Channels & EPG's and such like (a little confused)

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 23:42:34 BST 2007

I have been away 4 weeks and in that time we seem to have more channels and
so on available on Freeview.

I have  DVB-S card and a PVR-150, but I am only interested in freeview
channels, not Sky via composite or analogue channels via the PVR-150 (which
is in fact therefore redundant I guess).

At present I am getting http://epg.pvr.geek.nz/epg/listings.xml.gz and have
the channels lined up as follows:

1031.dvb.guide TV1
1032                TV2
1025                Maori TV
1033                TV3
1034                C4

As far as I can see I should now also be able to get Stratos and TVNZ6 (is
this TVNZ Sport Extra?). However some of these don't seem to be in the epg
file.

Can anyone tell me in words of one syllable how to get the most out of my
system, assuming these new channels are any good at all? I am still on
myth-0.20, mainly because I am scared to update my box which is running
well. Knoppmyth also doesn't seem to have got as far as 0.20.2 yet either.

Nick.