[mythtvnz] RG6 cable and mains power cable fed through same junction box - interference likely?

Noel & Di mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Fri, 18 May 2007 14:11:10 +1200

Hads
It's important to maintain segregation of services - ie an insulated
insert in the double flush box to keep the coax and TPS apart -
otherwise all conductors & cables must be insulated for 230V to comply
with the regs.  The old 70's style point with integral ribbon socket is
contrary to the current regs because it provides inadequate segregation
of LV (230V) and ELV wiring systems.  Normally a minimum separation of
100mm between power & data/Av with avoidance of parallel cable runs is
recommended to minimize EMI.
Noel