[mythtvnz] RG6 cable and mains power cable fed through same junction box - interference likely?

Hadley Rich mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Fri, 18 May 2007 09:58:47 +1200

On Fri, 18 May 2007 09:52:21 Matt Poff wrote:
> I'm thinking of feeding some RG6 cable (just standard stuff - not ultra
> shielded)  up into a  existing 1970s side-by-side two socket flush box
> (replacing the old 1970's face plate with two vertical PDL face plates
> side-by-side, one with the two power sockets, the other with coax TV/FM
> and RG6 connectors).
>
> Anyone know if I'm likely to have  any problems with interference
> locating the signal cables this close to mains power cables? The comms
> cables come through the floor and the power cable comes from above so
> they are only in close proximity in the flush box.

Should be fine.

hads

P.S Please start a new thread when starting a new subject. It messes up
peoples mailboxes.

--
http://nicegear.co.nz
New Zealand's VoIP supplier