[mythtvnz] IR setup

Nick Rout mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Fri, 18 May 2007 09:24:07 +1200 (NZST)

On Fri, May 18, 2007 12:10 am, Zane Gilmore wrote:
> Hello,
> after much installing and re-installing and getting the odd bit of help
> from a friend (thanks Nick R)

No problems!

> I have managed to get to the point where I
> can record programs on my MythTV box.
>
> (KnoppMyth)
>
> However, for the first time in my succession of re-installations my
> Remote control does not work.
> My question is:
> During the install there is a wee script-type program that seems to run
> a succession of setups like the Splash screen and the Folding at home
> thing and... the remote stuff.
> When it runs it asks what type of remote (I have a remote plugged into
> the back of a Hauppage card) then it says that I can run XXXX to
> reconfigure the remote.
> I didn't write this down and there is nothing on man -k or Google that =
> can find.
> Does anybody know what that magical incantation is.

assuming you are still with knoppmyth, the script is lirc-reconfig.sh

> Also a if somebody could point me at a Remote control howto that would
> be good too.

Where does one start? I'd probably start on the knoppmyth forums, or the
mythtv wiki.

http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

Be very specific about the remote you have, both as to the receiving bit
and the transmitting bit, much confusion arises out of vague descriptions=
..

--=20
Nick Rout