[mythtvnz] IRBlaster compatibility with Sky STBs

Hadley Rich mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Tue, 8 May 2007 16:55:45 +1200

On Tue, 08 May 2007 16:43:12 Steven Ellis wrote:
> On Tue, May 8, 2007 4:09 pm, Hadley Rich wrote:
> > I can't get the blaster that comes with the Microsoft MCE remote to work
> > with
> > my DTH335, but it works with the one I have from irblaster.info
>
> Hads - Thanks for that. Is that a Zenith box?

It's a Motorolla DTH335

> I usually put a
> resistor/diode combin in line with the MCE ones and they have worked on
> all other STBs until I hit this pace unit.

I'm referring to the Microsoft MCE remote and blaster, not the Hauppauge one
which I think you are referring to?

The remotes works well (except that one of them forgot how to program itself)
and the new lirc 0.8+ supports the blasters that they come with too. I have
been able to get the LED flashing in the blaster but it doesn't appear to
talk to the STB.

hads

--
http://nicegear.co.nz