[mythtvnz] IRBlaster compatibility with Sky STBs

Steven Ellis mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Tue, 8 May 2007 16:43:12 +1200 (NZST)

On Tue, May 8, 2007 4:09 pm, Hadley Rich wrote:
> On Tue, 08 May 2007 16:00:52 Steven Ellis wrote:
>> Hit a really odd one here with a customers Pace DSR620-GM STB. I can't
>> get
>> the standard IR Blaster units that come with Hauppauge IR Remotes to
>> work
>> with this STB. No issues with other Pace models, or with Zenith/Motoro=
la
>> boxes.
>>
>> I do have one customer with the RS232 irblaster from irblaster.info th=
at
>> works with no issues.
>>
>> Anyone else found any odd compatibility issues?
>
> I can't get the blaster that comes with the Microsoft MCE remote to wor=
> with
> my DTH335, but it works with the one I have from irblaster.info

Hads - Thanks for that. Is that a Zenith box? I usually put a
resistor/diode combin in line with the MCE ones and they have worked on
all other STBs until I hit this pace unit.

Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited - The Home of myPVR
email   - steven@openmedia.co.nz
sales   - sales@openmedia.co.nz