[mythtvnz] IRBlaster compatibility with Sky STBs

Robin Gilks mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Tue, 8 May 2007 17:19:22 +1200 (NZST)

> Hit a really odd one here with a customers Pace DSR620-GM STB. I can't get
> the standard IR Blaster units that come with Hauppauge IR Remotes to work
> with this STB. No issues with other Pace models, or with Zenith/Motorola
> boxes.
>
> I do have one customer with the RS232 irblaster from irblaster.info that
> works with no issues.
>
> Anyone else found any odd compatibility issues?

If this is the mceusb2 driver then there were some speed issues with the
transmitter (fixed in latest version I think) - try an update of lircd.
Also try playing with the 'frequency' in the lircd.conf file.

I've had similar problems with turning a Sony theatre amp on/off which is
fine with a serial blaster.

There have also been reports of the 1st IR blaster socket not working
reliably - try switching to the other with the appropriate SET_TRANSITTERS
command line mod.

--
Robin Gilks