[mythtvnz] Non-square [expletive deleted] pixels

Nick Rout mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Sun, 6 May 2007 23:53:05 +1200 (NZST)

The max i can get my expensive LCD TV to go at is 1024x768. I'm not
actually too worried about that because I don't have anything hd to feed
it.

But the annoying thing is that because mythtv sees 1024x768 it thinks i
have a 4:3 screen, and letterboxes stuff. Its easy to fix in using mplaye=
in mythvideo by passing mplayer the -monitoraspect 16:9 switch, but the
Internal player gets it wrong.

I have set DisplaySize 347 195 in xorg.conf as suggested by the myth wiki=
..

Any ideas?

(Alternatively working modelines for a Panasonic TX-32LX500A, which shoul=
go to 1366x768 would be sweet)

--=20
Nick Rout