[mythtvnz] Setting up for freeview - idiot's guide please

Toby Mills mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Tue, 01 May 2007 15:11:03 +1200

> Can I tell Sky there's "something wrong" and have them come install a new
> one?

I wouldn't let sky within 100m of my house if i were you :)
Last time they came out to swap lnb's (unsucessfully), they could not
get their head around why my sky decoder was in the garage in a rack
with lots of servers.
I'm sure they suspected I was doing some dodgy and illegal as they kept
asking what all that stuff was for.
I gave up trying to explain in the end as it was before MyPVR came out
so they just didn't get it :)
The guy was convinced I was re-broadcasting sky to the whole town or
something.

I reckon they won't be too keen to come and fix your LNB just so you can
get freeview, I'd expect a bill from them for that if they find there is
nothing wrong with it.

Cheers
Toby