[mythtvnz] Setting up for freeview - idiot's guide please

Steven Ellis mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Tue, 1 May 2007 15:24:57 +1200 (NZST)

On Tue, May 1, 2007 3:02 pm, Hadley Rich wrote:
> On Tue, 01 May 2007 14:51:05 Craig Box wrote:
>> There's no price listed, does anyone have a rough idea of their value =
>> save everyone asking individually?
>
> Odd, I think there used to be. Last time I looked I think it was around
> $50,
> but I do have a pretty bad memory :)
>
>> Can I tell Sky there's "something wrong" and have them come install a
>> new
>> one?
>>
>> Is there a way I can climb on my roof and tell if my LNB is dual
>> polarity?
>
> Sky don't use dual LNBs AFAIK so the answer would be no to both questio=
ns.

The Sky LNBs are dual pol in that they do H + V, but they aren't dual
output so you can only do one polarity at a time.

Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited - The Home of myPVR
email   - steven@openmedia.co.nz
sales   - sales@openmedia.co.nz