[mythtvnz] Setting up for freeview - idiot's guide please

David Zanetti mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Tue, 01 May 2007 16:20:36 +1200

--=-uRkTS13S0PaEmrXSQ8nq

On Tue, 2007-05-01 at 14:26 +1200, Hadley Rich wrote:
> Or, apparently, Sky are switching to H polarity sometime in May. I'm goin=
g to=20
> hold off for a bit and keep getting 1 & 2 from 12671 (Sky) on V and see i=
f=20
> Sky does switch. If they do it will save me running more cables.

Source?

The stuff I'm hearing is Sky has Optus in a bind such that Optus are
pretty powerless to force them, and Sky no reason to move to H pol at
all as they just helps Freeview. Makes a lot of sense given they will
fight with everything they have to reduce Freeview's impact.

--=20
David Zanetti <dave2@wetstring.net>
http://hairy.geek.nz/

--=-uRkTS13S0PaEmrXSQ8nq