[mythtvnz] FreeView MHEG-5 EPG in action

Hadley Rich mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Sun, 4 Mar 2007 19:31:46 +1300

On Sun, 04 Mar 2007 19:09:27 Steven Ellis wrote:
> Ok grab the latests version of rb-download from the site above. You need
> to make one minor coding change as it doesn't understand the NZ data
>
> in findmheg.c change
>
> #define APPLICATION_TYPE_CODE        0x0101
>
> to:
>
> #define APPLICATION_TYPE_CODE        0x0505
>
> You should be able to do a full dump of the MHEG stream off one of the
> HPol FreeView channels. Any Channel will suffice.
>
> If you then do a dig around you will find the EPG data.

Ah yes, sorted now, thanks for the pointer. I had the code but got a bit stuck
when it didn't do much. Changing the define appears to have it working now.
Found the EPG data buried in some symlinks.

I'll see what the quality of the data is like compared to the stuff I'm
grabbing from Sky and maybe try and parse it out.

Cheers,

hads

--
http://nicegear.co.nz