[mythtvnz] FreeView MHEG-5 EPG in action

Steven Ellis mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Sun, 4 Mar 2007 19:09:27 +1300 (NZDT)

On Sun, March 4, 2007 5:33 pm, Hadley Rich wrote:
> On Sat, 03 Mar 2007 18:33:31 Steven Ellis wrote:
>> Nothing confirmed, but there are some rumours that they will only have
>> Now/Next in the EIT data. It is a way to force equipment suppliers to
>> support their MHEG-5 based EPG.
>>
>> The data appears to be quite easy to parse. I was able to get a dump o=
>> it
>> using the code from http://redbutton.sf.net
>
> Do you have a secret recipe for dumping the data? I might have a play w=
ith
> converting it to XMLTV. I'm interested in seeing good EPG data.

Ok grab the latests version of rb-download from the site above. You need
to make one minor coding change as it doesn't understand the NZ data

in findmheg.c change

#define APPLICATION_TYPE_CODE        0x0101

to:

#define APPLICATION_TYPE_CODE        0x0505

You should be able to do a full dump of the MHEG stream off one of the
HPol FreeView channels. Any Channel will suffice.

If you then do a dig around you will find the EPG data.

Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited - The Home of myPVR
email   - steven@openmedia.co.nz
sales   - sales@openmedia.co.nz