[mythtvnz] FreeView MHEG-5 EPG in action

Hadley Rich mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Sun, 4 Mar 2007 20:29:17 +1300

On Sun, 04 Mar 2007 19:31:46 Hadley Rich wrote:
> I'll see what the quality of the data is like compared to the stuff I'm
> grabbing from Sky and maybe try and parse it out.

I think I'll give it a miss at the moment. The data doesn't look any better
than what's in Sky's data (the same probably). Also it's more formatted for
display (in the MHEG application I guess) so not as convenient as the DVB
data to convert to XMLTV format.

For anyone interested, here is a sample of the data;

2^]Sun 4 Mar^]TV2^]32^]^\1^]0^]3300^]2^]10.45pm^]Movie: The Hollow^M
Man^]Sci-fi thriller about Sebastian Caine,^Ma brilliant yet arrogant
scientist^Mworking on a top secret mission for^Mthe US government - to unlock
the^Msecret to human invisibility. Starring^MKevin Bacon, E...^]
2^]/pngs/ear.png^]/pngs/ao.png^]^\

hads

--
http://nicegear.co.nz