[mythtvnz] Re: TV tuner cards - low cost recommendations?

Steven Ellis mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Sun, 4 Mar 2007 17:07:24 +1300 (NZDT)

On Sun, March 4, 2007 3:55 pm, Nick & Ann Read wrote:
> Guy LOwe wrote:
>> I'd hold off on getting more than one. We should be expecting proper
>> multiplexing support any day (or month, or year), after which having
>> more than one DVB-S card will provide no real benefit (in NZ at least)
>> unless you have more than one dish. See
>> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Record_multiple_channels_from_one=
_multiplex
>> for more details.
> Any day? Not what I read...
>
> In any case, is there any guarantee all channels in NZ will be on the
> same multiplex? I thought TVNZ and Canwest are on different multiplexes
> right from the start...?
>
> However, personally I might wait for HD via DVB-T (DTT), I assume
> they'll be getting a test signal up some time later this year (if that'=
> the way its going).

Launch for DTT is Feb 2008. Don't expect to see any test signal for
another 6 months while they get the niggles out of DTH.

Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited - The Home of myPVR
email   - steven@openmedia.co.nz
sales   - sales@openmedia.co.nz