[mythtvnz] Re: TV tuner cards - low cost recommendations?

Steve Hodge mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Sun, 4 Mar 2007 16:44:14 +1300

------=_Part_119731_4566442.1172979854878

On 3/4/07, Guy LOwe <mythtvnz@gunk.gen.nz> wrote:

> I'd hold off on getting more than one. We should be expecting proper
> multiplexing support any day (or month, or year), after which having
> more than one DVB-S card will provide no real benefit (in NZ at least)
> unless you have more than one dish.

There will be at least two FreeView multiplexes so if you want to record
from both at the same time you'll need two DVB-S cards. Provided the
multiplexes all have the same polarity you won't need more than one dish.

Cheers,
Steve