[mythtvnz] Re: TV tuner cards - low cost recommendations?

Nick & Ann Read mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Sun, 04 Mar 2007 15:55:14 +1300

Guy LOwe wrote:
> I'd hold off on getting more than one. We should be expecting proper
> multiplexing support any day (or month, or year), after which having
> more than one DVB-S card will provide no real benefit (in NZ at least)
> unless you have more than one dish. See
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Record_multiple_channels_from_one_multiplex
> for more details.
Any day? Not what I read...

In any case, is there any guarantee all channels in NZ will be on the
same multiplex? I thought TVNZ and Canwest are on different multiplexes
right from the start...?

However, personally I might wait for HD via DVB-T (DTT), I assume
they'll be getting a test signal up some time later this year (if that's
the way its going).

--
228 Upper Harbour Drive, Greenhithe, Auckland 0632
nick.read@engineer.com <mailto:nick.read@engineer.com>