[mythtvnz] Re: TV tuner cards - low cost recommendations?

Steven Ellis mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Sun, 4 Mar 2007 15:42:21 +1300 (NZDT)

On Sun, March 4, 2007 2:24 pm, Guy LOwe wrote:
> Graeme Nelson wrote:
> (...)
>  > As I am planning on only having 1 (or maybe 2 at the most) analogue =
TV
>  > cards in my eventual/"production" PVR system (with 2 or 3 DVB(-S) ca=
rds
>  > providing the balance of the 4 tuner cards I plan to have), it sound=
>  > like having a frame grabber card should not be a problem (based both=
 on
>  > the posts here and on the MythTV FAQ etc.).
> (...)
>
> I'd hold off on getting more than one. We should be expecting proper
> multiplexing support any day (or month, or year), after which having
> more than one DVB-S card will provide no real benefit (in NZ at least)
> unless you have more than one dish. See
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Record_multiple_channels_from_one_=
multiplex
> for more details.

This is still some way off at present. Also we are going to have atleast =
2
multiplexes on DVB-S (DTH) and possibly 3 multiplexes on DVB-T (DTT).

Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited - The Home of myPVR
email   - steven@openmedia.co.nz
sales   - sales@openmedia.co.nz