[mythtvnz] Re: TV tuner cards - low cost recommendations?

Guy LOwe mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Sun, 04 Mar 2007 14:24:23 +1300

Graeme Nelson wrote:
(...)
 > As I am planning on only having 1 (or maybe 2 at the most) analogue TV
 > cards in my eventual/"production" PVR system (with 2 or 3 DVB(-S) cards
 > providing the balance of the 4 tuner cards I plan to have), it sounds
 > like having a frame grabber card should not be a problem (based both on
 > the posts here and on the MythTV FAQ etc.).
(...)

I'd hold off on getting more than one. We should be expecting proper
multiplexing support any day (or month, or year), after which having
more than one DVB-S card will provide no real benefit (in NZ at least)
unless you have more than one dish. See
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Record_multiple_channels_from_one_multiplex
for more details.