[mythtvnz] Re: TV tuner cards - low cost recommendations?

Criggie mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Fri, 2 Mar 2007 12:15:40 +1300 (NZDT)

Graeme Nelson wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> Thanks for all that wonderful and useful input, insights, and
> recommendations.
>
> A slight change to my initial experimentation configuration is that it
> won't be 768MB RAM, it will be 512MB RAM (I thought I had a spare DIMM
> slot, but I don't), though from what I have been reading on the MythTV
> web site, that shouldn't be a problem.

It won't be a problem

bt            up  271+14:11,     0 users,  load 0.03, 0.02, 0.02

bt:~# free -m
Mem:           255        241         13          0          0        99
-/+ buffers/cache:        142        112
Swap:          486          0        486

9 months uptime, and the machine still isn't into swap.

--
Criggie

http://criggie.dyndns.org/
http://www.avonside.school.nz/