New XMLTVID stuff (was Re: [mythtvnz] Warning- XMLTV ID class - Sky Movie Greats and TV One)

Steven Ellis mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Fri, 29 Jun 2007 10:39:52 +1200 (NZST)

On Fri, June 29, 2007 10:30 am, David Zanetti wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-06-27 at 18:36 +1200, Hadley Rich wrote:
>> On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 18:26:48 Steve Hodge wrote:
>> > Well I certainly don't have anything official to base my opinion on =
-
>> it
>> > just what I think makes sense.
>>
>> That's half the problem with XMLTV, I don't think many/any people have
>> anything official to base anything on. It's a hard project to get a
>> handle
>> on.
>>
>> Anyway, as per my other mail, I think my understanding was wrong so I'=
ve
>> converted my thinking :)
>
> Seems likely when we do finally get Sky on H-pol there will end up bein=
> two EPG feeds - one tuned to a Freeview transponder, and one tuned to a
> Sky transponder.
>
> In which case, we probably need to standardise some URLs for it too.
>
> (Until Sky shift to H-pol, I cannot dump EIT from Freeview - building
> has only V-pol and is shared amongst all the apartments..)

I'm grabbing from both H + V (Dual Output LNB). There are some serious EP=
differences between freeview and Sky. Most of these are name or
description differences for programs, especially for TV 3 + C4.

Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited - The Home of myPVR
email   - steven@openmedia.co.nz
sales   - sales@openmedia.co.nz