New XMLTVID stuff (was Re: [mythtvnz] Warning- XMLTV ID class - Sky Movie Greats and TV One)

Steven Ellis mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Wed, 27 Jun 2007 16:40:47 +1200 (NZST)

On Wed, June 27, 2007 3:59 pm, Hadley Rich wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 15:41:29 Steven Ellis wrote:
>> Steve Hodge wrote:
>> > I guess it's time to switch to more descriptive ids as Hads proposed
>> > last week.
>>
>> Kinda looking like a really good idea.
>
> This is the proposed XMLTVID scheme that I've come up with so far;
>
> http://nice.net.nz/epg/channels.conf.test

You already have a problem as the two new sky channels use 1035 and 1036
which clashes with freeview.

> Anyone have any thoughts? Additions?
>
> I'm incorporating the new XMLTVID stuff into the new version of epgsnoo=
> (maybe this will hurry me up :)
>
> I'm sure I can whip up a script to convert from the old id's to new as
> well.
>
> On Wed, 20 Jun 2007 12:59:38 Steven Ellis wrote:
>> This would be good, except I'd suggest
>>
>> 1031.dvb.guide -> tv1.sky.co.nz
>> 1035.dvb.guide -> tv1.freeview.tv
>>
>> There are some noticable EPG differences at present, and it allows for
>> the
>> selection of a preferred feed.
>
> Steve; regarding this, I'm not sure. The actual video of the different
> feeds
> is the same so I think the XMLTVID should be tv1.co.nz. If people want =
> use
> the EPG data off the freeview transponder rather than the Sky one then
> they
> can grab it themselves with epgsnoop. If there's major demand then a da=
ta
> file from the freeview source could be arranged to be downloadable.

Ok where i am comming from is when the feeds are different, at the moment
the freeview  eit data can be quite different from Sky's. That way if
someone prefers a particular set they can choose. Bit like the UK where
you can get the BBC from multiple sources.

Also personally I don't like using the DVB Ids for the terrestrial
channels. My customers have a different xmltv id as it makes automating
channel management a lot easier.

Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited - The Home of myPVR
email   - steven@openmedia.co.nz