New XMLTVID stuff (was Re: [mythtvnz] Warning- XMLTV ID class - Sky Movie Greats and TV One)

Hadley Rich mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Wed, 27 Jun 2007 17:04:53 +1200

On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 16:40:47 Steven Ellis wrote:
> On Wed, June 27, 2007 3:59 pm, Hadley Rich wrote:
> > This is the proposed XMLTVID scheme that I've come up with so far;
> >
> > http://nice.net.nz/epg/channels.conf.test
>
> You already have a problem as the two new sky channels use 1035 and 1036
> which clashes with freeview.

That's why I posted it for review, so people can send through updates. I don't
know anything about these new channels yet so if you post the names of the
new channels then can update the file.

This channels.conf file is for grabbing data from the Sky transponder with
epgsnoop so the 1035/1036 should be whatever Sky says they are. Obviously a
different channels.conf file would be needed if you wanted to grab the data
from the freeview transponder.

> Ok where i am comming from is when the feeds are different, at the moment
> the freeview  eit data can be quite different from Sky's. That way if
> someone prefers a particular set they can choose. Bit like the UK where
> you can get the BBC from multiple sources.

I understand what you mean but... Don't the BBC channels in the UK have the
same XMLTVID, no matter which source you get them from?

hads

--
http://nicegear.co.nz
New Zealand's VoIP supplier