XMLTVID's in NZ (from: [mythtvnz] Planning for upcomming SkyTV channel changes)

Hadley Rich mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Wed, 20 Jun 2007 09:42:47 +1200

On Wed, 20 Jun 2007 08:03:31 Steven Ellis wrote:
> Some of you will be aware that Sky launch "Sky Movie Greats" on 1st July.
> Sadly no indication of what its SID and XMLTVID will be at this stage.

Regarding XMLTVIDs, I've been wanting to shift to using more 'official'
XMLTVIDs for the EPG in NZ rather than just using the PID.dvb.guide naming
scheme.

A couple of examples;

Sky1		- '1001.dvb.guide' => 'sky1.sky.co.nz'
TV One	- '1031.dvb.guide' => 'tv1.co.nz'
BBC World	- '1026.dvb.guide' => 'bbc-world.sky.co.nz'
[...]

This is more in line with what the rest of the world uses with XMLTV and is
country specific.

Obviously this would break existing setups and so isn't something that can
just be done without a plan.

I've been talking with a couple of MythTV developers and we have been trying
to talk to the XMLTV developers about adding a couple of features to the
XMLTV doctype.

One is an <oldid /> element which would allow for easy changes in XMLTVID like
above.

The other thing which has been bought up is adding service provider
information to the XML, this would allow us to create an easier configuration
for grabbers e.g. based on questions such as;

- Do you have Sky
  - Do you have the movies package
  - [...]
- Do you have Freeview
- Do you have Prime
[...]

I think this, coupled with the XMLTV changes already in MythTV development
version will be a major advantage. We're just waiting for some response form
the XMLTV developer(s) at the moment.

hads

--
http://nicegear.co.nz