XMLTVID's in NZ (from: [mythtvnz] Planning for upcomming SkyTV channel changes)

Steven Ellis mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Wed, 20 Jun 2007 12:59:38 +1200 (NZST)

Hi Hads

On Wed, June 20, 2007 9:42 am, Hadley Rich wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Jun 2007 08:03:31 Steven Ellis wrote:
>> Some of you will be aware that Sky launch "Sky Movie Greats" on 1st
>> July.
>> Sadly no indication of what its SID and XMLTVID will be at this stage.
>
> Regarding XMLTVIDs, I've been wanting to shift to using more 'official'
> XMLTVIDs for the EPG in NZ rather than just using the PID.dvb.guide nam=
ing
> scheme.
>
> A couple of examples;
>
> Sky1		- '1001.dvb.guide' =3D> 'sky1.sky.co.nz'
> TV One	- '1031.dvb.guide' =3D> 'tv1.co.nz'
> BBC World	- '1026.dvb.guide' =3D> 'bbc-world.sky.co.nz'
> [...]

This would be good, except I'd suggest

1031.dvb.guide -> tv1.sky.co.nz
1035.dvb.guide -> tv1.freeview.tv

There are some noticable EPG differences at present, and it allows for th=
selection of a preferred feed.

> This is more in line with what the rest of the world uses with XMLTV an=
> is
> country specific.
>
> Obviously this would break existing setups and so isn't something that =
can
> just be done without a plan.
>
> I've been talking with a couple of MythTV developers and we have been
> trying
> to talk to the XMLTV developers about adding a couple of features to th=
> XMLTV doctype.
>
> One is an <oldid /> element which would allow for easy changes in XMLTV=
ID
> like
> above.
>
> The other thing which has been bought up is adding service provider
> information to the XML, this would allow us to create an easier
> configuration
> for grabbers e.g. based on questions such as;
>
> - Do you have Sky
>   - Do you have the movies package
>   - [...]
> - Do you have Freeview
> - Do you have Prime
> [...]

Yeah it would make things quite a bit easier. Need to allow for selection
of regional channels as well.

> I think this, coupled with the XMLTV changes already in MythTV developm=
ent
> version will be a major advantage. We're just waiting for some response
> form
> the XMLTV developer(s) at the moment.

Please keep us informed.

Steven Ellis - Technical Director